Whether you are just getting started with essential oils or are a seasoned veteran, I think after trying sugar scrubs you’ll agree with me that this is one of the simplest DIY recipes ever. I love making them with all different scents, but one of my favorites is this energizing lemon sugar scrub.
Lemon is nourishing to the skin, full of anti-oxidants, and the scent is so invigorating and energizing.
You can use this lemon sugar scrub while bathing as often as needed to exfoliate your feet and legs, or to treat your hands. I generally use a scrub about twice a week in the shower (if you use it in the shower, please be careful because it will be slippery in there!). Lemon sugar scrub also makes a lovely DIY gift. I use these sweet jelly jars when I make a lemon sugar scrub gift. But any Mason jar will do.
DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub
Add sugar to a small mixing bowl and set aside
Add essential oil to sweet almond oil and stir
Pour oils into the bowl with sugar and stir until well combined
Spoon scrub into Mason jars and cover with an airtight lid
Store at room temperature
Makes 3 small (4oz) jars.
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil (my favorite suppliers are Rocky Mountain Oils and Plant Therapy)
- Juice of ½ a lemon (optional)
- Add sugar to a small mixing bowl and set aside
- Add essential oil to sweet almond oil and stir
- Pour oils into the bowl with sugar and stir until well combined
- Spoon scrub into jars and cover with an airtight lid
- Store at room temperature