My friend Shelly makes the best ever instant pot chili. Well, since I haven’t tasted every Instant Pot chili out there, I’m really just guessing. But I really think she does. And recently, when she generously shared her recipe on Facebook, I asked her if I could share it with you! And thankfully (and very lucky for you), she said I could.
This is a super hearty chili, chock-full of all kinds of goodness — meat, beans, peppers, tomatoes, just the right amount of spice and an ingredient you might not expect — beer. You can leave the beer out if you must, but it won’t taste the same. So do what you will, but don’t blame me if it’s only the second-best instant pot chili recipe out there because you didn’t add it.
Shelly’s Best Ever Instant Pot Chili Recipe
2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped
2 cans Rotel tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans, drained
1/2 cup beef bouillon (I use Better Than Bouillon – 2 tsp in 1/2 cup of water)
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
1 can of light beer
Set Instant Pot to saute
Brown ground beef, breaking into small chunks and drain
Add all of the other ingredients and stir to mix well.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it in place.
Close pressure valve
Press the SOUP/STEW button and set the time for 4O min.
Allow natural release.
As you can see, this couldn’t be simpler! As I mentioned before, this is a pretty thick, hearty chili. If you like yours soupier, you can add water and perhaps a can of tomato sauce to thin it out.
We like to top our chili with grated cheddar cheese, chopped onions, and sour cream, and usually over cooked spaghetti. You serve yours however you like.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup beef bouillon (I use Better Than Bouillon - 2 tsp in ½ cup of water)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 can of light beer
- Set Instant Pot to saute
- Brown ground beef, breaking into small chunks and drain
- Add all of the other ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it in place.
- Close pressure valve
- Press the SOUP/STEW button and set the time for 4O min.
- Allow natural release.