The Word Study: Defining a Biblical Worldview — The word study involves more than going to a dictionary to define a word. It is the method of scholarship that puts the student on the pathway of developing the habits of reflective thinking and deductive reasoning from Scripture. The word study places the truths of God’s Word at the center of all learning, which illuminates the understanding and consecrates the mind.
- Builds vocabulary
- Increases reading comprehension and verbal scores
- Establishes precise word usage in written and oral communication
- Cultivates the habit of critical thinking
- Produces deductive reasoning skills — cause (internal) to effect (external)
- Sharpens discernment of truth from error
- Inculcates lifetime habits of scholarship and aids in establishing a Biblical worldview
- Research: The word is defined, using Noah Webster’s 1828 Dictionary, key words are identified within the definition, and the key words are defined. Each word is then researched using a Bible concordance.
- Reason: A definition of the word is written in your own words.
- Relate: Application of the definition and the Biblical principles deduced are written, according to the intended purpose and your own life.
- Record: The completed work is filed in your notebook
Create: verb transitive: to bring into being from nothing. to cause to exist. to make or form. to generate. to bring forth. to form anew.
nothing: non-existence; a state of annihilation; not any thing.
exist: to be; to have an essence or real being. to have life.
form: to shape or mold. to plan; to scheme; to modify.
generate: to produce a being similar to the parent; to produce; to cause to be; to bring into life.
anew: over again; another time; in a new form.
God created man in his own image (Genesis 1:27)
The people which shall be created, shall praise the Lord. (Psalm 102:18)
Create in me a clean heart. (Psalm 51:10)
We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:10)
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to Ben and Me and get our articles right to your inbox!