Some of you are wondering what I mean by “Word Study.” Here’s a definition copied straight from www.principleapproach.org:
The Word Study: Defining a Biblical Worldview — The word study involves more than going to a dictionary to define a word. It is the method of scholarship that puts the student on the pathway of developing the habits of reflective thinking and deductive reasoning from Scripture. The word study places the truths of God’s Word at the center of all learning, which illuminates the understanding and consecrates the mind.
- Builds vocabulary
- Increases reading comprehension and verbal scores
- Establishes precise word usage in written and oral communication
- Cultivates the habit of critical thinking
- Produces deductive reasoning skills — cause (internal) to effect (external)
- Sharpens discernment of truth from error
- Inculcates lifetime habits of scholarship and aids in establishing a Biblical worldview
- Research: The word is defined, using Noah Webster’s 1828 Dictionary, key words are identified within the definition, and the key words are defined. Each word is then researched using a Bible concordance.
- Reason: A definition of the word is written in your own words.
- Relate: Application of the definition and the Biblical principles deduced are written, according to the intended purpose and your own life.
- Record: The completed work is filed in your notebook
As a citizen of the U.S., this is His command to me be sure that whomever I vote for is leading a life which exhibits these Biblical principles as well.
Lord, have mercy on us all.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to Ben and Me and get our articles right to your inbox!