Homemade Natural Vapor Rub
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pellets
- 3 tablespoons shea butter
- 1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops cinnamon leaf essential oil
- 4 oz glass jelly jars (I use these lids, too)
The recipe above is for adults and children, ages 10 and up. If you need a vapor rub for children under the age of 10, there are safe recipes below.
For children ages 6-9
- 16 drops lemon essential oil
- 16 drops peppermint essential oil
- 8 drops clove bud essential oil
- 8 drops cinnamon leaf essential oil
For children ages 3-5
- 8 drops orange essential oil
- 8 drops fir needle essential oils
- 4 drops clove bud essential oil
- 4 drops cinnamon leaf essential oil
For babies and children age 6 months to 2 years
Heat beeswax and coconut oil in a double boiler on low heat until melted. Add the essential oils and stir until well mixed. Pour into glass jelly jars and cover with lid. Rub onto the chest and neck as needed to reduce cough and congestion. The recipe above will make more than 4 oz. and can be divided in half to make it easier to make 2 formulas at once for different aged children. If you do so, just cut the number of drops in half for the essential oils.
Learn how to use essential oils safely with children before using this or any other recipe with your child.
A few other ways we use eucalyptus oil in our everyday:
Essential Oils eCourse
Are you new to the idea of using essential oils for the health and wellness of your family? You are invited to join my 10-day eCourse — Your Simple Guide to Using Essential Oils. This FREE course will be delivered straight to your inbox, one lesson at a time, to help you get started using essential oils safely!
Never use essential oils undiluted, in the eyes or mucus membranes. Do not ingest unless working with a qualified practitioner. Keep essential oils away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (after you have properly diluted the oil in an appropriate carrier oil).
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.