Note: The Ely Maple watch has been discontinued. However, JORD has many other beautiful wood watches the lady in your life will love!
I have not worn a watch in a very long time. It seems that most watches cause irritation on my skin (certain metals, I suppose), or if I find something trendy that I like, it’s not long before it’s out of style. And quite honestly, I find most watches to be a bit boring (not like bracelets, which I love). When the kind folks at JORD Watches contacted me to see if I wanted to try out one of their wood watches, I decided to learn more, since I was not familiar with them.
JORD Wood Watch
JORD Wood Watches just celebrated their first birthday, so don’t feel bad if you haven’t heard of them either. Just read on because you will want to know about this company.
I requested and received the Ely Series style JORD wood watch in Maple. This is one of the smaller watches in the JORD line, so it works well for women. It would also be a good choice for men who are not very large.
A little info from the website:
Ely Series Maple:
- Deployment Buckle with Push Button
- Scratch Resistant Mineral
- Citizen Miyota Quartz Movement (2015 w/Date Display)
- Case Width: 37mm
- Case Thickness: 11mm
- Lug Ends: 45mm
- Band Length: 200mm
- Band Thickness: 21mm
I Love MY JORD Wood Watch
Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider gifting a JORD wood watch to a friend or loved one:
- It’s not likely they will have one.
- They are handcrafted right here in the U.S.A.
- They are gorgeous, unique, and useful (nice combo, don’t you think?)
- They add new designs every few months (you may want to start saving now)
- JORD uses sustainable resources from around the world
- The folks at JORD are committed to the best quality and service
- These watches probably won’t break out your skin or break period (and if they do, there’s a 12-month warranty)
- Price range from $120-$295 USD, so there is something for most everyone
- Shipping in the U.S. is free and it’s just $20 to ship internationally (if you have ever shipped to Australia, you’ll understand that’s a deal)
- Watches come boxed for gift-giving, hugging a sweet little pillow
I am thrilled that I said yes to JORD Wood Watches and received my own little birthday present a couple of months ago. Over the past 2 months, as I’ve worn my watch, many people have commented on it and asked me where I found it. I believe that is a testament to the interest other people have in a timepiece that’s not so boring and quick to go out of style. I know this is a watch I will be able to wear for years to come, and with my mostly jeans and t-shirts style, it matches nearly everything in my closet!