No, I don’t have any girls at my house. But, I am a girl. And more importantly, I was a young girl who read every spare moment I could growing up. I’m still like that, though the spare moments are certainly less frequent. Suffice it to say I love books.
There’s just one thing I enjoy as much as my books — reading them on my Kindle, after downloading them for free.
A couple of weeks ago, I shared a list of classic books Ben is reading this summer. I thought it only fair to provide a list of classic books that girls will enjoy as well. However, for this list, I’m just going to share books that always free for Kindle.
There are no worries if you don’t have a Kindle? You can download the free Kindle App for your PC, Mac, iPad, or smart phone, absolutely free.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- The Railway Children by Edith Nesbit
- Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne